Wednesday, February 17, 2016

I think it's going to be a papercut year...

I have just being wanting to do papercuts again. I don't know if I can explain why, but I do ascribe to doing what I seem to want to do. It is so much easier than fighting myself. So, here is what I have been sewing this past week or so.






The orientation of the finished block will be on point, but it is hard to photograph it that way and show you the details. In the first photo, I have shown you the finished appliqué motifs and the tatting being auditioned. I love the tatting, but I wanted to add more. I decided to embroider colonial knots all through the tatting in silk floss using two strands (Thread Gatherer Silk 'n' Colors). The floral motif in the very center is Venice lace that has been hand painted. The edges of the appliqués are outlined with a silk twist thread by Trebizond. Then on the very outside border, I have run colonial knots in a taupe cotton thread called Eleganza.

I like the way the block is shaping up. It isn't quite finished, and we'll have to see where it goes from here! It is always an adventure until it is actually done.

I also got caught up on my 365 block challenge. Ok, I confess; two of the blocks are my own design. Sometimes the block has just too many little pieces or is just not to my liking.  After all, the finished quilt will be mine! These are all trimmed to 3 1/2 inches.



And that brings me up to tomorrow!!! Yippee!!

I also gave myself a new desk in the living area, freeing up some space on my sewing desk. One of my sons wanted to know how come I get two desks? It's because I'm MOM!!! That's why!!!

I hope your week has been going well and your sewing is pleasing you every day!

Happy Quilting,

cynthia


No comments:

Post a Comment